Cold chain management is a system of transporting and storing perishable goods (vaccines, food products, etc.) within a recommended safe temperature range. Controlled temperatures need to be maintained in cool rooms as well as in refrigerated vehicles for the entire transportation journey to prevent the cargo from becoming spoiled.
Organisations may be bound by law to ensure that appropriate procedures are put in place to ensure that the cold chain is managed effectively, and all Cold Chain breaches are reported. Our devices enable proactive monitoring and alerting to provide a complete cold chain monitoring solution.
What needs to be monitored, reported and alerted on?
Cargo temperature is the key metric that must be tracked. Alerts need to be sent if the temperature falls outside of a safe range, and historical temperature data may need to be recorded.
What are some challenges and considerations?
- Monitoring devices need to be ultra-reliable, and built tough to withstand the typically damp environments they will be used in.
- Battery Life – Some devices use rechargeable batteries, which work great until somebody forgets to put them on charge! Batteries need to be long lasting, so that they don’t need repeated changes. Permanent power might not be available, or a permanent install might not always be possible.
- Alerts or other feedback must be sent and received in a timely manner so that remedial action can be taken.
MONITOR USAGE & CRITICAL EVENTS
Monitor and record temperature, humidity, moisture, door open/close, speed and more.
Recovery Mode enables immediate “live-tracking” in the case of theft and High-G Force event detection for misuse or abuse alerts.
Run hour or odometer readings on devices can be used for scheduling maintenance jobs and reminders to protect vehicle health.
WEATHERPROOF & RUGGED HOUSING
Waterproof and dust resistant IP67 rated housing ensures devices can withstand fine dust, high pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1 metre of water, and extreme temperatures
Engineered with UV resistant polycarbonate and easy installation with multiple fastening options for magnets, screws, bolts, cable ties, or rivets
TRACK & MONITOR ASSETS REMOTELY
Customise a range of temperature and duress alerts and remotely monitor refrigerated assets in one place, on desktop or via our mobile app.
Already have tracking software or an ERP? Our devices also integrate with existing platforms.
DEVICES FOR COLD CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- 2G / 4G Battery Powered GPS Tracker + Sensor
- Can be Hardwired or Powered by 3 AA Batteries
- Rugged and waterproof IP67 Housing
- Features Wifi Positioning for tracking assets indoord
- Multiple customisable inputs and outputs
- I2C interface for a wide range of sensors (temp, humidity, moisture and more)
- I2C sensor
- 2m cable length
- -55 to +125 °C operating range
- Can be gicen 1 of 2 I2C sensor addresses based on how probe is wired – meaning 2 can be used per device with ease
TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY SENSOR
- I2C sensor
- 2m cable length
- Relative Humidity
- 0 – 100% RH operating range
- ± 3% RH (max). 0 . 80% RH
- -40 to +125 °C operating range
- ± 0.4 °C (max). -10 to 85 °C